Societies have long used plant-based botanical extracts to do everything from dying clothes to bug repellant, to skincare, and as a dietary supplement. Some of the first recorded uses of plant extracts date back as far as ancient Rome. Today, many plants continue to be used in much the same way as our ancient ancestors used them. A good example is Kratom, which is experiencing a bit of a modern-day Renaissance. Today, manufacturers dry the plant’s leaves for a variety of uses.
Kratom Extract Chewables, a popular product that utilizes this ancient botanical, is made through a specialized process. Dating back 150 years, Kratom’s leaves have been chewed or brewed into tea and used as a stimulant.
Today, manufacturers of Kratom extract products boil down the dried leaves until they are highly concentrated, and sell it as an extract powder, tea, tincture, resin, or chewable tablet.
What Are Kratom Extract Chewables?
When manufacturers produce Kratom extract they use a distillation process that focuses on the alkaloids, or “phytochemicals”, prevalent in the plant’s leaves. Much like the alkaloid compounds in coffee beans contribute to coffee’s caffeine levels, the alkaloids in Kratom are also a factor in its potency. And, Kratom farmers only harvest leaves when their alkaloid levels are at their highest.
Kratom Extract Chewables are a convenient format in which to buy and use Kratom extract. Highly potent and easy to store and transport, chewables contain two important alkaloids: Mitragynine (MIT) and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Kratom extract contains more of these alkaloids, and in higher concentrations, than regular powdered Kratom.
To make the chewables, Kratom extract powder is first mixed with water and boiled down. The resulting liquid (which looks much like tea) is filtered to remove plant particles and sediments. The alkaloid-rich leftovers are re-heated and boiled down over and over again, to remove moisture. The result is a very dark, thick substance resembling a pasty glue.
Are There Different Varieties Of Kratom Extract?
It’s important to understand that not all Kratom extract varieties are made equal. While some Kratom extracts are referred to as “Mitragynine isolates,” and only contain Mitragynine—others, often referred to as “Full-Spectrum” Kratom extracts, contain the entire family of naturally occurring Kratom alkaloids.
Although Mitragynine is thought to be the primary active alkaloid in the Kratom plant, most users report better results enjoying full-spectrum Kratom extracts. All Kratom extracts, whether isolated or full-spectrum, have a corresponding concentration (which usually reflects the percentage concentration of Mitragynine).
Tip: If you’re not used to taking Kratom supplements, you may want to start with a low-dose powdered extract. But, if you’re previously used Kratom, a chewable extract with higher alkaloid levels may be a good choice for you.
What Is The Process of Making Kratom Extract?
Nearly all Kratom extracts are created from a concentration of powdered Kratom leaves. This acts as the base ingredient in creating a variety of Kratom extract products.
Let’s investigate the process of making Kratom extracts more closely. The following overview captures the basic steps that go into making three of the most common forms of Kratom extracts used in processing chewable tablets.
Possibly the least-used extraction process (due to the time, effort, and money that goes into it), Kratom resin isn’t easy to find.
The process to produce Kratom resin includes steeping powdered Kratom leaves, then freezing, evaporating, boiling, and evaporating them again until a resin substance is formed. This repeated process can be difficult to execute.
The process of making Kratom resin varies slightly between manufacturers, but generally includes the following steps:
- Kratom powder is mixed with a small amount of water and citric acid and steeped for 12 hours, and then frozen.
- The frozen block of Kratom is added to boiling water with more citric acid, until it dissolves.
- The mixture is then taken off the heat, chilled, and strained after roughly one-quarter of the water has evaporated.
- Additional evaporation is allowed to occur, until the mixture has lost half its original volume.
- This filtration and boiling process is repeated several times until the liquid is almost completely evaporated.
Kratom extracts can also be created by simply soaking Kratom leaves or extract powder, and then evaporating that liquid.
- First the Kratom leaves are dried and crushed (or, if using raw leaves, lightly washed and cleaned)
- Water, citric acid, and Kratom leaves are mixed together and allowed to steep for a long period of time (two weeks or more).
- The mixture is then filtered and the resulting liquid is reduced to half its volume through an evaporating process.
The final, water-processed Kratom extract will be a slightly viscous liquid and can be used as a tincture. (To assist balance the acidity of these liquids, several manufacturers add glycerin to this type of Kratom extract.)
Like the resin procedure described above, Kratom extract powders are created using a similar repeated process of boiling, evaporating, and extraction.
- A sizable quantity of Kratom powder is boiled with citric acid.
- After the mixture is cooled, it is filtered to catch any stray bits of plant materials.
- The liquid is then put into a spray bottle and applied to a sterile surface.
- The sprayed liquid is allowed to solidify and dry. The remaining powder is actually a finely crystalized extract—and can be used just like a powdered extract.
One of the most common methods of extracting Kratom is through an alcohol distillation, or tincture-making, process. Many users enjoy Kratom “shots”, which are made from this alcohol-based manufacturing process.
When making Kratom extract tinctures and shots, the following steps are generally followed:
- Kratom and alcohol are measured in a 1:4 ratio (e.g.100g of Kratom and 400ml of alcohol).
- Kratom and alcohol are then combined and mixed together.
- Glycerin is added to the mixture and all ingredients are thoroughly blended until smooth and well-combined.
- The tincture is then steeped for several days or weeks (depending on the potency being made).
- The steeped mixture is strained to remove any solids or plant materials.
- The liquid is then put through an evaporation process, to further boost potency. The more the liquid is reduced through evaporation, the stronger the resulting tincture. (Sometimes heat is used to speed-up this process.)
Tip: If you’re an experienced Kratom user, look for a Kratom Extract Chewable with a higher ratio dosage. But, if you’re new to Kratom, first start with a lower ratio product (or you can also first try a half tablet, instead of a full-sized chewable).
What Do Kratom Ratios Mean?
Understanding the ratio on your Kratom product’s bottle can help you better understand the potency of the chewable tablet. For example, if you see “12:1” or “12X”, that means that the Kratom extract in that particular product is 12 times stronger than an equal amount of regular Kratom powder.
Higher rations mean higher strength. So, exercise caution when taking high-ratio Kratom.
Tip: If you’re new to using Kratom extract, but have used powder previously, start with a ratio that is equally to your last powdered dose. It will also help if you purchase your Kratom consistently from the same brand, as every producer’s ratios can be slightly different. Buying the same products from the same manufacturers on a confident basis will help you make sure you’re always getting the appropriate dose.
How Can I Use Kratom Extract Chewables?
There are many reasons why users like Kratom Extract chewables over other extract products. But the most common reasons are usually tied to the portability and easy storage options Kratom Extract Chewables provide.
Tip: It’s a good idea to be consistent in your Kratom use. If you’re opting to take chewables over tea, for example, stay consistent with the brand, variety, and dosage levels you use. This will help your body adjust slowly and effectively.
How Do I Store Kratom Extract Chewables?
Just like many herbs and dietary supplements, you’ll need to be mindful of how and where you store your Kratom Extract Chewables.
To retain optimum potency and freshness, there are several key factors to consider. Be sure to consider the following when storing your Kratom products:
- Store in a cool, dark space. Keep all forms of Kratom in a dark environment, away from direct sunlight. A closed cabinet in a cool, dry room is ideal.t
- Keep your Kratom Extract Chewables in a sealed, air-tight container. The best way to ensure your Kratom’s freshness is to keep it in a tightly closed container. Any exposure to damp air can degrade the Kratom and invite mold and mildew, which will ruin your supplements.
- Keep your Kratom chewables dry. Humidity and damp air can quickly damage your Kratom Extract Chewables. To avoid a shorter shelf life, keep your Kratom in a dry spot, and in a good-quality container (with a tight-fitting lid).
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Kratom Extract Chewables may deteriorate more quickly in warmer environments. One of the best ways to protect your Kratom-based products and ensure their long shelf life is to keep them away from high heat, which can often contribute to humidity and moisture build-up. A cool, dry spot is best for all Kratom products.
How Can I Try Kratom Extract Chewables?
Many Kratom users prefer extracting chewables over other forms of Kratom, because chewable tablets are not only potent, but portable and easy to store. For folks on the go, chewable extracts are a great way to enjoy Kratom’s benefits.
But, if you’re new to using Kratom, there are a few helpful tips you should know, to ensure you enjoy a safe and healthy experience.
Tip 1: Be aware of Kratom’s potency. Review the ratio information and always closely adhere to the instructions on your Kratom product packaging. (It’s also a good idea to chat with your healthcare provider before trying Kratom.)
Tip 2: Start small. Err on the side of caution, when just starting your Kratom journey. Try the smallest suggested dosage, until you have a good understanding of your body’s tolerance level.
Tip 3: Stick with one brand, Kratom type, and dosage. It’s also a good idea to be consistent in your Kratom use. If you’re opting to take chewables over tea, for example, stay consistent with the brand, variety, and dosage levels you use. This will help your body adjust slowly and effectively.
Tip 4: Watch your body to observe how it reacts. Be careful and listen to your body. If you didn’t get the results you were hoping for, adjust your dosage in modest increments.
Ready To Get Started?
Kratom Extract Chewables are a great way to integrate Kratom into your supplement routine. With over 19 years of experience, The Kratom Family’s mission is to help people understand the various benefits of Kratom.
Visit our store to find a variety of Kratom products and Kratom Extract Chewables. The Kratom Family guarantees high-quality products, potent Kratom varieties, and a satisfying customer experience every time you visit our online store. Our lab-tested products are enjoyed by customers around the world, and delivered with lightning-fast speed.
Have questions? We’ve got answers! Please don’t hesitate to reach out any time via our Contact page, and we’ll be sure to connect you with the information and products you need.
Due to the FDA restrictions, we can’t share any recommendations for Kratom use or discuss the specific effects of various Kratom strains. It’s best to speak with your doctor or healthcare provider before taking Kratom, and to help you discern what dosage is right for you. It’s also a good idea to do your own research and learn more about Kratom’s various properties. Be sure to bookmark our blog to get the latest insights. And, we encourage you to also visit the American Kratom Association website for additional resources and info.